The purpose of the Commission on Congregational Vitality is to assist the Bishop in developing and maintaining
- A comprehensive and substantial training in congregational vitality for clergy and laity in the diocese to include coaching/training in evangelism, community outreach, and communication, etc.
- A regular, prayerful time of discussion and monitoring of the health of congregations in the Diocese and attention to what diocesan leaders can do to support and assist congregations in their growth and vitality.
- A congregational consulting network that provides congregational leaders with third party assistance for facilitation and consultation as needed.
- A congregational grants program that assists congregations in targeted developmental areas.
- Identifying mid-sized congregations with potential for growth in order to marshal diocesan resources toward that end, to include financial assistance to provide full-time priest in charge as possible.