Include the convention in your prayers. A prayer for the diocese is found in the Book of Common Prayer, page 817 with a prayer for the convention on page 818.
Congregations are asked to include delegate names in the Prayers of the People in October and publicly commission them the Sunday before convention.
The primary purpose of convention is to elect committee and commission members. It may also provide direction to those serving on committees and commissions, as well as the diocese and its congregations. This can be accomplished by adopting a resolution that includes a call to action or by changing the Diocesan Constitution or Canons.
Anyone attending (delegates, visitors and exhibitors) must register. A $45 fee covers continental breakfast, lunch buffet, gratuity, hospitality (special guests, tellers, and seminarians), facilities, supplies and postage. Pay online or by check BEFORE convention. After October 11th, the fee increases to $70.
1 Convention, 2 Sites
The Convention Eucharist will be at the Church of the Holy Apostles, Oneida. Please arrive no later than 8:30 for the service at 9:00. A continental breakfast is available in the Parish Hall at 8:00. Check-in and business takes place after the service at the Radisson Conference Center, a five-minute drive from Holy Apostles. Convention ends at 4:00.
Delegates are expected to attend one pre-convention meeting to get to know other delegates, become familiar with resolutions submitted and the proposed diocesan budget. These are held across the diocese and online. You are welcome to attend any meeting listed.
Lay delegates are elected as congregational representatives. Clergy delegates are Canonically Resident (meaning ordained and under the authority of the Bishop) and includes priests, deacons, bishops in active ministry as well as those who are retired. This may include some who live outside the geographic boundaries of the diocese.
Delegates link the congregation and diocese so should engage church members in discussion about convention. Offer a forum during coffee hour prior to convention and afterwards. Make a written report to your Vestry. Ask for prayers.
A limited number of display tables are available at $15 each on a first come, first served basis. Reserve a table as part of the registration process. Tables may be set up at the Radisson Conference Center anytime after 7:00 a.m. We suggest you bring your own tablecloth.
- Pray for the convention, delegates, guests, volunteers and preparations.
- Register here.
- Reserve a display table (if desired) when you register.
- Seek nominees or nominate yourself for diocesan service. Nominate here.
- Consider submitting a resolution for action. Details here.
- Deadline to submit Resolutions. Resolutions received after the deadline will need to be found in order to be considered.
- Proposed Budget from the Finance Committee available at diofdl.org/convention
- Pre-Convention Meeting, 6:30-8:30 p.m., St. John, Wausau
- Delegate Orientation Video available at diofdl.org/convention.
- Pre-Convention Meeting, 6:30-8:30 p.m., St. Thomas, Menasha
- Pre-Convention Meeting, 6:30-8:30 p.m. St. Anne, De Pere
- Pre-Convention Meeting, 7-9 p.m., Online Webinar. Register at diofdl.org/convention
- Deadline for Nominations for names to be on printed ballot. Additional nominations may be received after this date, but won’t be on the printed ballot or in the Nominees Booklet.
- Nominees Booklet available at diofdl.org/convention
- Display Table Set-Up (RADISSON CONFERENCE CENTER)
- Continental Breakfast (HOLY APOSTLES PARISH HALL) Help yourself to an assortment of breakfast items. There is ample seating available.
- Convention Eucharist (HOLY APOSTLES EPISCOPAL CHURCH) Following the service, drive to the Radisson Conference Center.
- Convention Check-In (RADISSON CONFERENCE CENTER) All who attend must check-in.
- Tellers Meeting (RADISSON CONFERENCE CENTER) The Head Teller provides instruction to the tellers of their responsibilities and duties.
- Committee on Certification of Lay Delegates (RADISSON CONFERENCE CENTER) President appoints a committee of at least three clergy delegates.
- Business Session (RADISSON CONFERENCE CENTER) Call to Order, Committee on the Certification of Lay Delegates Report, Appointments, Elections, General Convention Concurrences, Ministry Reports, Budget, Resolutions
- Lunch Buffet (RADISSON CONFERENCE CENTER) Help yourself to an assortment of foods. There is ample seating available.
- Business Session (RADISSON CONFERENCE CENTER) Continued from the Morning
- Evening Prayer (RADISSON CONFERENCE CENTER) Installation of Deans
Those wishing a Friday night hotel stay may contact the Radisson Hotel, connected to the Conference Center, for a reduced rate of $91. Call (800) 333-3333 and ask for the Diocese of Fond du Lac Room Block. The reduced room rate and availability ends September 29th.