About Church Periodical Club
Do you have CPC in your congregation?
Every congregation is encouraged to hold a monthly collection for the Church Periodical Club. Designated gifts can be sent to the Diocesan Office with "CPC" in the memo.
Jan . . . Miles of Pennies
Feb . . .Fond du Lac CPC
Mar . . .National Books Fund Grants
Apr . . .National Books Fund Grants
May . . .National Books Fund Grants
Jun . . . Fond du Lac Seminarians
Jul . . .Miles of Pennies
Aug . . .Fond du Lac CPC
Sep . . .Fond du Lac Seminarians
Oct . . .Miles of Pennies
Nov . . .Fond du Lac CPC
Dec . . . Fond du Lac Seminarians
Changing the World One Book at a Time!
Over the last several years, Diocesan CPC has contributed over $3,000 to diocesan seminarians for them to purchase books!
Possible Projects for Congregation
For used materials in good condition
- Give to the homebound
- Provide for a local hospital (general, mental, V.A.) or nursing home
- onate to day care centers, schools, students or libraries
- Newspaper or magazine subscriptions for institutions, clergy or church workers
- Home-town papers for students away at school
- Up to date books for needy libraries— parishes, missions, community reading rooms
- Devotional material for prayer groups or the home bound
- Educational materials for seminarians, needy students, prisoners
- Textbooks for remedial reading programs and adult education classes
- Large print material for the poorly sighted
- Material for the blind and the deaf
National Books Fund (NBF)
CPC reviews grant requests for books and publications from all over the world, especially for seminarians. Some funds are sent to seminaries to be used by seminarians that do not have a strong CPC presence from their home diocese. We currently do not have a strong CPC presence in this diocese, so our seminarians possibly benefit directly from this fund.
Miles of Pennies (MOP)
Begun in 1989, this separate fund is for children´s material only ~ birth to grade 12. CPC often makes grants to replace Sunday School materials lost or destroyed in disasters. Encourage your parishes to put out penny collection jars: a mile in pennies adds up to $844.80.
CPC Funds for Diocesan Seminarians
Sending a contribution to the Diocese for the Church Periodical Club enables us to send checks directly to diocesan seminarian to be used for books. In the past few years we've provided over $3,000 in assistance! Special thanks to those who contribute during the Diocesan Convention.
CPC Support for Diocesan Materials
Help get the word to people in the pews. Gifts in this area will be used to expand the circle of knowledge about CPC throughout our diocese to increase the gifts to the various CPC ministries.